Okay, so I'm FINALLY posting about my trip. I needed a few days to unwind, plus I've been packing since WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!!! so I have been offline for a few days. BUT I'm ready to blog now!!
Thursday
So, I set my alarm for 7:30, cuz Steph would be at my house at 8:30 ish and I wanted time to shower. So, my alarm goes off, I sleep in my mandatory 15 minutes, then get up and take my shower. I get out, dry off, get dressed. Then I gather all my crap and set it by the door, then wait. I figure, it's gotta be almost 8:30... so I turn on the TV and switch to the tv listings and it says 7:15. w..t..f.. I was sooo confused. I turned on my computer, sure enough, it was quarter past seven. So I waited.. and waited... and FINALLY Steph arrived, then shortly after, Tanya picked us up.
We crammed into her car and set off. (not without some much needed coffee first.) It didn't take us long at all to get to the ferry cuz Tanya is a speed demon.. lol so we pull into the line.... and miss the ferry. BUT the 12:00 ferry was late leaving, and the 12:30 was early, so the ferrys were only about 10 minutes apart. We only waited in line about an hour.
It was sooo cute, this little boy walked by the car with his mom and said "Hi ladies!!!" all three of us said "HIIIII!!!!" back in unison. It was ADORABLE.
Anyway, we get food on the ferry cuz we were starved, then we buy "Good luck ferry cards" (long story that has nothing to do with this trip) and we played cards till we docked. Then we drove out to Kiki and Cory's place and hauled our stuff up and got comfy. Then we went and found banks.. lol and we were walking by a book store and found a copy of the Stinky Cheese man!!!!! I was so excited!! Tanya bought it and we all signed the inside. XD
Oh, it was soooo funny. Cory and Tanya I beleive were talking about Finding Nemo and Cory was imitating the seagulls, just as Clinton asked about a bra. The convorsation went as such:
Clinton: "Whose bra is this?"
Cory: "Mine!! Er.. wait!!"
us: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
it was fucking hystarical. I belive it was actually my bra, for the record.
Anyway, then we went and got bubble tea. mmmm I love bubble tea. But I'm not fond of the bubbles. I don't think Steph liked it at all.. she didn't finish hers. Oh well.
Then we headed to Tanya's grandma's to pick up an air matress. Tanya was driving, Cory was in the front with her, and Steph, Kiki, and I were in the back. We were dancing and trying to get people to notice us, then we were staring at this guy. The three of us were laughing SOOO hard. Then Kiki got bubbles stuck in his straw and couldn't blow them out and we were like, pissing ourselves, so I asked Cory to blow them out for him. Except it came out,
"Ca...n...you....blow.... the bubbles..... out.... of the..... straw????"
cuz I was laughing soooo hard that it hurt. XD He took it and tried but they were stuck good so he and Tanya started laughing too, then he managed to do it and it made a funny sound, so we were all laughing like retards and I'm sure we were a hazard to other drivers. But it was awesome.
We finally get to Tanya's grandma's, and Cory and Tanya take the elevator, but I took the stairs cuz I hate being in elevators. So Kiki and Steph walked with me. We raced up the stairs to beat the elevator and we won! Then we met Tanya's grandma. She was such a sweet old lady. She asked us about what we're doing in school and all that stuff, and she gave us fresh cookies!! Cory was really really nervous and it was hystarical. He actually BOWED to her when we left. HAHAHA!
That night was fairly lazy and uninteresting, so I'll skip to friday.
Friday
Mmm... the fan was on my face.. the cat safely elsewhere, not attacking me, sleeepppp... ssleeeeeepppp... then a voice. "Kaaiiiiiittlyyn..." it says. Five more minutes, I think. Then RIIIPPP!!!! COLD! SHOCK!!! OMG!!!!!! Cory ripped my blanket off!! So unfair!!
I shower, we get dressed, then head to Crystal mall. We went into all the anime stores and it was great!!!!! I got the orchestrated soundtrack to Final Fantasy 8, two cds from Escaflowne (which turned out to have lots of talking, but they were only 5 bucks), and I wanted to get a wall scroll with Squall on it, but I didn't wanna carry it.
So then we went to Metrotown. In EB Games, I bought Dynasty Warriors 4, Soul Calibur 3, and asked for Parasite Eve. They didn't have it, but their other store did!! So they sent it to the one in Metrotown. Problem: it wouldn't be there till tuesday. (or, today I suppose.) So Kiki and Cory are going to pick it up for me!!! YES!!!!! I've been looking for this game for like, 6 years!!!!!!
We went to the candy store and I got a shit load of candy, which I am actually eating now. lol And we went to Chapters. I bought the Princess Bride!! It's so good already. We went other places, but I didn't buy anything else so meh.
We left around 4 and went back to Kiki and Cory's place. Kiki got ready for work then Tanya took him while Steph and I got ready for Phantom.
I was SUCH a girl about it. This didn't match that, I didn't have shoes for this... man.... it was exhausting. I settled for a black skirt with a black lacey tank top and the scarf that Amber lent me. I used it like a shawl. When Steph gets her photos developed, I'll post a pic. Anyway, I was satisfied.
Tanya drove us downtown cuz she was going to see her brother, so we were really really early. like, 5:30 early. So we walked around downtown but there was nothing around there, so we walked up to the theatre and waited. around 6:30, we went to go stand by the doors, cuz the lobby was opening soon.
When 7 came around, an usher opened the doors we were standing by and greeted us. Steph and I WERE THE FIRST PEOPLE IN THE THEATRE!!!!!! it was soooo cool!!
Then we climbed up to the third floor (cuz we were on the balcony) and since the house didn't open till 7:30 we got a glass of white wine and sat by the window. When the house opened, we went and found our seats.
Lemme say, I was in tears the whole preformance. It was fantastic. Like, I can't even describe how much I enjoyed it. Steph said I was shaking the whole time, but I didn't notice. I was on the edge of my seat.
At intermission, I had to piss soooo badly, so I rushed out as fast as I could, but the line was already GIGANTIC. So I waited. I could not sit through the rest of the play with a full bladder.
I ended up missing the first five minutes of the second act, but no biggie. I sat just as they started "Masqerade" which was perfect timing in my opinion.
After the play, we went back to Clinton and Cory's and ordered pizza cuz we were STARVED. We were also exhausted, so we decided to sleep.
Saturday
Not a very exciting day. Kiki had to work early, so I had to say goodbye early. That was really sad. Then we waited around for Tanya's brother, then went to the ferry and actually caught the one we wanted. I had the vegetarian pasta on the ferry. It was DELICIOUS. Then... steph and I both fell asleep on the car ride back to CR. We got dropped of at Steph's place then went to Superstore cuz we both needed to pick up things. We were going to go to the punk show, but it was already like, 8 by the time we were ready to go, and it started at 6, plus people kept telling us that nobody was going (well, nobody we're friends with) so we kidnapped Andy and saw "Accepted" instead. I loved it. I thought it was a great movie. Cheesy, yes, but really funny.
Anyway, that was a looooooooooooooooooong post. But wee weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE STINKY CHEESE MAN AND OTHER STUPID FAIRY TALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That is SUCH an awesome book! I used to LOVE it so much as a kid. And STILL DO!
woot I am glad you had fun and splurged. and used my scarf when you went to see Phantom! (nice to hear you are using it :P)
I'm glad you had fun in van! I'm so so so sorry i missed you! well at least my angry cat was there as a manifestation of me. I missed so much while i was gone :( Phantom sounded great. When are you coming back to nanaimo Im going there in a couple weeks! we gotta see each other. Take care kitty
Post a Comment