I felt the need to comment on Drea's blog, but I have enough to say on it I wanted to make it a blog of my own.
Although I do not really support the Conservative party, I do agree with a LOT of what Drea said in her blog; in particular her opinion of the economy and non-English speakers. Lazy ass welfare people who drink away all my tax money REAAALLLY piss me off, as do foreigners who can't string together a semi-coherent sentance. That's probably why I hate the casino so much... lol
I hate all these people who complain that there are no jobs. There are jobs, they just may not be as glamorous as you like. Go work at fucking McDonalds until you can find something better, for Christ's sake. You'll never amount to anything in life if you sit around living off of the government your whole life. How do you expect to provide for your family? Or live when you've retired?? What about when you die, who do you expect to pay for your funeral costs? What a fucking waste of a human life. Like Drea said, there are people who desperately need the support and really can't find anything better, and that is exactly why we have the welfare system. But if you have the means and physical ablility to flip a fucking burger, then get off your fat lazy ass and get a job.
This goes for students too. While I disagree with Drea on the fact that tuition fees are not an issue, and I think that there should be more support for students who don't have wealthy parents, I do agree that if you are walking around with Pumas on your feet and Dior sunglasses, you have nothing to complain about. If your tuition fees are taking away your preacious spending money, then get a job and work like the actual starving students have to. I know what it's like. I was a starving student, and I was stupid enough to blow my student loan. So I smartened up and got a job. I'm not just talking out of my ass on this one, this is expereince.
As for the immigrants, I'm fine with them coming over here. Hell, I've got tons of foreign friends who either immigrated or came for school, and although some of them do have heavy accents, they can still SPEAK the fucking language. I wouldn't dare move to a foreign country and not learn the language. How do you expect to fit into the society and make something of yourself if you can't even string together a coherent sentance?? Honestly, Canada is way too passive with our immigration polocies. It's like, "Hey, come to Canada! We don't care if you don't speak English, hell, if you bring enough of your friends, we will make an entire city that's catered specifically to you!!" I know that's harsh and all, but how are we supposed to identify ourselves as a culture and demand respect from other countries when we are pretty much a doormat that reads "Come on in!!" No wonder we have so few jobs for Canadian citizens.
The point I disagree with in Drea's blog is capital punishment. I do not think the death penalty should be used except in the most extreme cases. However, I do think that when you get sentanced to prison for life, it should be FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, not just 25 years, tops. I mean, you're put behind bars for a reason. You should spend the rest of your existance cooped up in a damp, depressing cell and made to spend your life reflecting on all the horrible, disgusting things you've done. That, to me, would be worse than death. Who wants to live 50+ years knowing that everyone who knows you thinks you're dispecable and having to constantly remember the terrible crimes you committed? It's more like mental torture, and I think that would be more effective than the death penalty. If I was a murderer or something, I would be more afraid of a lifetime alone with my thoughts.
Anyway, these are my thoughts and responces to Drea's blog. If you disagree with anything, that's fine, but please be respectful if you choose to comment, because I don't want to disable the comments. I'd like to know other people's opinions too, and I definitely wouldn't appriciate being flamed on my own blog for my personal opinion. Notice how I did disagree with Drea on a point, but I posted my own opinion instead of going, "OMGZ DREA!! UR OPINION IZ SO WRONGGG! WE CANT B FRIENDS NEMOR D:" Because that is just rediculous and childish. (And for the record, we can still be friends, regardless of a difference of opinion. If everyone shared my same exact opnion, my life would be really boring. lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Aw yay for still being friends! lol. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing and you are totally polite :) variety is the spice of life! hehe.
Yeah on the student loans thing I was mostly referring to that the ones who complain the most are the ones driving the nicest cars, etc etc. for people who can't afford it in any way, there should be more flexible options as everyone deserves an education :)
Ah ok. lol Yea that drives me nuts. They have no idea what it's like to really struggle to pay those damned things
I think I agree with you on the immigrants thing. It's okay but sometimes I feel like a huge minority.
And I always have to try my best to come to the rescue of all the esl kids that work at starbucks. Because you can see it in some customer's eyes. How much they are frustrated when a barista is making no sense and not understanding them. I have even seen rants on craigslist of people who rant on about the subject matter. It makes them seem racist. But I understand how annoying it is. I feel bad whenever I feel that way though :(
I know what you mean Amber, I feel bad sometimes too. But I'm not trying to be racist, I think it's an ignorance thing more than a race thing, and we all know how much I HATE ignorant people.
yes we definitely must, or even just coffee as i am poor lately (still waiting for my income tax return, grr). what are your plans like this week? maybe we could hit up starbucks on sunday?
Post a Comment