Friday, May 02, 2008

Change will do you good

So much is changing lately. I'm really sad that Jo and Lee left yesterday. Us girls spent the whole day crying lol I'm really going to miss them. Of course we will see each other often, but still, it sucks when you can't just call someone up and meet them in an hour, you know? But they are on to bigger and better things and I am proud of them for getting out there and trying.

I'm also looking for another job. My hours at the engraving store have been cut severely and I can't afford to work there with so few hours. I applied at the Casino and the Port theatre, both of which seemed promising, but I was advised by current and past employees of both to go back and harass them lol so I'm gunna go do that today. I'm torn about which one to want more though. The Port would be a piece of cake for me cuz I've done pretty much everything when it comes to theatre and I could easily EASILY usher or work the box office, plus I would probably get to see shows for free while I'm working! hehe but the Casino pays super well plus I get tips, which is totally awesome. It pays like, twice what the theatre probably would. And I could definitely use money right now.

Apparently I need to find a new place to live. I was planning on moving anyways, but my landlady talked to me yesterday and said that after the lease was up at the end of June that we didn't have to renew it and we could go on a month to month basis which is pretty cool, but Lisa is moving when the lease is up and I can't afford to stay there alone until I find somewhere else. But Terry is moving in with his friend Kyle, and his lease is over at the same time, so I'm really hoping I can just move into Terry's apartment. It's right downtown so it's nice and close to the school and is convenient if I get a job down here too. It's also a secure building and it's a very nice apartment. And it's only 25 dollars more a month than what I pay now, which will be a piece of cake if I get the job at the casino.

Kids Fest is also this month, and I'm super stoked for it. I was reading in the newspaper that there is this cool acrobatic group this year, similar to Cirque du Soleil. I'm totally going to sneak into that one! I had so much fun last year and I'm really anticipating another good festival. (I'm also getting paid more this year which is a bonus ^_^)
Anyway, if I don't hear back from the Casino or the theatre by the time Kids Fest is over, I'm gunna start applying at other places. I'm good for rent and stuff with my current paycheck plus Kids Fest, so I can afford to be picky right now, but if I'm getting a new place at the end of June it's gunna be like, 600 dollars for first month and damage deposit, so I need to get saving. And I'm totally open to job suggestions! I'm aiming for something that isn't minimum wage cuz I'm sick of living paycheck to paycheck. Also, something closer to downtown is ideal. It's such a hassle to get up to the mall for work what with the bus system as shitty as it is. A normally 15-20 minute drive from here to the mall takes almost an hour on the bus, and of course it can't get me there on time, they either get me there 35-45 minutes early, or 15 minutes late. Can't they just have busses that get you to the mall at like, 5 minutes to the hour or something? GAH anyway let me know if you know of any super cool decent paying jobs and I'll definitely check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh kaitlyn. i hope you get one of those two jobs.

Akiyhrah said...

Me too! lol