Thursday, January 18, 2007

Let's interpret a poem, shall we?



They belonged to you once,

your delicate pets.

Fluttering wings of yellow, pink, and red,

shimmering with hope,

beautiful and special.

You cared so much,

that you shared their glory,

trusted their safety to another.

They were happy and free,

spreading their joy,

making the world bright and wonderful.


But your trust was broken.

Rice paper wings began to tear.

The colors bled away,

leaving their wings bland and lifeless.

So you hid them away,

nursed their torn bodies,

and painted their wings blue.

You locked them behind cold, black bars,

and they became prisoners of loneliness.


But I've found them,

your beautiful, tiny pets,

and I see the warmth underneath the blue.

Time has eroded their cage,

bars rusting away.

I want to break the bars down,

peel away the paint,

hold them as they once were.

I want to feel the tiny wings

flutter against my skin,

in happiness and freedom.


And now as I lie awake with you,

I wonder if you feel the way I do.

If you can let them go,

share their light again.

Free them from their rusted cage,

and let me heal their wounds.

Or are you afraid I'll hurt them too?

All I can promise

is to be gentle and kind,

treat them like my own.

Let me bring back their colors.


And I wonder...

Could you trust me?

Let them fly to my side?

We can share their glory.

Watch their shimmering wings together.

As I lie awake with you,

I wonder...

Can I have the butterflies?


6 comments:

Queen of Hearts said...

OMG KAILYN that blows my mind. i love it sooo much ... ahhhhh *full of goodness*

it's simple, and it tells a beatiful story and augh... i heart it

Akiyhrah said...

Aww thanks Lisa ^__^ I'm glad you like it

Martha said...

i love this kaitlyn

*huggles*

The Voodoo Doll said...

It flows sooooo well now! I read it like three more times on here.

Good work, yet again!
Hearts for you!

Queen of Hearts said...

KAITLYN I LOVE YOU,, keep on trucken darling

sexy lighting last night!!!

Anonymous said...

kaitlyn my beautiful, please update