Saturday, November 17, 2007

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been so consumed by the show I don't know how I managed to sleep. Between show things, work, and class, I don't think I even went home other than to sleep. But it's all over now, and I am a little sad, because it was an amazing show, but I'm happy to return to a normal schedule again.

The show was.... well, the show itself was great. And a lot of people (cast and crew) really surprised me, in both good and bad ways. My opinion of several people have changed since last year. In some people, I saw talent and professionalism that I didn't know was there, and some people really proved themselves to me. On the other hand, there were a couple people who seemed to bring down the energy and focus of the people around them and caused nothing but headaches. I wont mention any of their names, but I'm sure those couple people know who they are. I just want to let them know that I am extremely disappointed in their lack of professionalism, dedication, and downright respect, and I sincerely hope they realize that an attitude like theirs will never float in the real world, in any profession.

But there are a few people whom I was impressed with who I'd like to point out:

Nikki: You were so on the ball and I was grateful for it. During the shows I don't think I saw you leave backstage very often, and I know you worked your butt of to make the show smooth and quick.

Jill: I know you had a small part, but I think you did very well. Your audition was fantastic and you really deserved a role. I hope that you get a bigger role soon, so we can really see your full potential.

Jo: I know it took you a while, but you really found your character. You played Desdemona so well and I am very proud of your accomplishment.

Wendy: I can't even begin to express how wonderful you are. You were one of the easiest people to work with and I could always count on you to be on time, off book, and just awesome. You worked yourself sick for this show and pulled off an amazing preformance. Even when you were battered, bruised and sick as a dog you still brought the same energy, focus, and dedication every night. You deserve an entire sky full of gold stars.

Nathaniel: You really grew from the start of rehearsals. Keep growing and learning, and you will be a great actor. I was very impressed with your progress, and I hope you continue to get opportunities like this to help you reach your full potential.

thank you everyone for a great show. I had fun working with all of you, and I hope you did too.


_______________________________________________________________


On another note, last night was Jo's birthday, and I must say, it was the most fun I've had in a while. I'm hung over today and feel like crap, but it was worth it. It cheered me up a little, and I can't wait for the next party or adventure. ^_^

1 comment:

Bean said...

Aww, thanks hun =) I'd like to see me in bigger roles too... hehehe.
Thank you for being a wonderful and understanding Stage Manager, you did an awesome job!