Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Back to the norm

So, several people have demanded an update, so here I go.

Kids fest was awesome. I spent most of the week drinking and having tons of fun! It was a lot of work and I was very tired/weak/sore/bruised/hungover afterwords, but it was definitely worth it. I had such an amazing time, I got to meet new people, and it was just great! Amoung the new people I met were Cody and Klous, who are two big kids. haha they were so fun to hang out with, especially with a drunken Robin :P Also, I met this awesome guy, James Fisher (aka Fish) who works with one of the shows, Cirkus Inferno. He is such a cool guy!! I also met this girl Christa, who was with the Scrap Arts Music group. Basiclly, Scrap Arts is a bunch of percussionists who put together insturments from scrap materials and things they find and then composed and choreographed (yes, choreographed) high energy drum pieces. It was such a fantastic show and I watched it at leat 4 times.. haha Christa was really nice. I met her at the pub during the "meet and greet" thing. Also, there was Kevin the bartender. We love Kevin. Our first night in Victoria we didn't get off the site until like, 10:30 and we were STARVING. The pub stopped serving food, and we couldn't find anywhere to eat so Kevin opened the kitchen and brought us tons of fries, chicken strips, and zucchini strips. He also remembered all our names and reserved our favorite table for us ^_^ He was good to us and he is fantastic. There were tons more people of course. It was just a fantastic trip.

But, there were some things I learned to hate over the course of the week:

Ballons. I never want to see another balloon in my entire life. Lisa and I blew up like, 1000 of them, no joke. When you're surrounded by an army of stinky latex balls of doom that pop at random to scare the shit out of you, you'd hate em too.

Volunteers. 95% of them were completely useless. Most of the time I saw them hanging out at Hospitality stuffing their faces with free food instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. So many times the crew had to cover volunteer jobs, like sweeping the floor after the Cirkus Inferno show. And when they were working, they were sooooo slow and stupid! Like, I've done volunteer work before, so when everyone started bitching about the useless volunteers I thought it was unfair, but after spending a week with useless people, I came to understand what the rest of the crew was talking about.

Tents. STUPID POP UP TENTS THAT NEVER STAY UP AND BREAK IN A TEENY BIT OF WIND!!!

Hip Hop dancers. Talk to me for this one, it's a rant and a half.

I also really missed Terry while I was gone. I was sooo happy to see him again. I spent the last two days with him hehehe ^_^

haha despite that stuff, it was still a great time and I am definitely doing it again next year!

2 comments:

Let Go said...

Totally with you on the balloons hehehe I HATE THOSE THINGS!
I'm glad you had a great time, but I'm even more glad you're home!

Queen of Hearts said...

yay Update. that was good . i am pleased