Saturday, December 24, 2005

Calgary

So here I am in Calgary. I got in yesterday. We caught a plane from Comox and there was turbulence the entire way. I hate flying as it is, and the turbulence made it worse. And it was dark as we got into Calgary, so for some reason that made me even more paranoid that we wre gunna crash. But it was really cool to see all the lights out the window.
Anyway, the first thing my dad noticed is that I cut my hair. I cut it in July, and he hasn't seen me since last November, but its nice when you still get commented on youir hair cut 5 months afterwards. ^_^ We went to Moxie's for dinner. It was frustrating. I opened my menu and ther was like, four vegetarian meals on the entire menu. And three of them were just regular meals with a note underneath saying, "Vegetarian if ordered without chicken." What. The. Fuck. Thank you SOOOO much. I'm glad vegetarians have OPTIONS these days. So I ordered the chicken quesadilla, but without the chicken. So basiclly it was a cheese quesadilla with salsa on top. WHAT-EVER. I can deal with that. But when I ordered, the waiter was like, "WITHOUT chicken??" and looked at me like I was psycho. Um... YEA!!! Then after he took my dad and brother's orders, he turned backto me as was like, "Do you mind if I ask why you don't want chicken? Is it an allergy... or don't you like it???" and I was like, "Er... I'm a VEGETARIAN." like, DUH!! was basiclly the tone in my voice. he was just like, "Right..." and walked off. I mean, COME ON!! It even said on the menu, "Vegetarian if ordered without chicken." Shouldn't he know these things? And really, I can't be the only person who has ever ordered that. There's only four vegetarian meals on the fucking menu for christ's sake! and I can't have been the only vegetarian he has ever met either. There are so many of us these days. I personally know three, other than myself. STU-PID!
Anyway, afterwards we wandered around Chinook Centre for a while. I was naughty.... I bought myself two eyeshadows from Mac and two CD's. BUT I also got a present for Crystal. XD So I'm not ALL bad. lol I wanted to go into Le Chateau soooo badly, but I knew I'd spend money I don't have. So I tore myself away. I've never done that before. I ALWAYS go into Le Chateau. I went into the Bay and oggled the Vera Wang perfume again. I want it sooo bad! My dad came over and saw me lusting after it and I swearhe was gunna buy it.... until he found out it was 90 dollars. ^_^;; I was also rather tempted to go into La Senza, but I'm sure Mike and my dad would have been standing akwardly outside while I looked around. They already did that when I picked out makeup. lol
So after we got to my dad's place, we basiclly hung out for a while. When I went to bed I couldn't sleep really well so I kept reading. I started Shopaholic and Sister on the plane, and then finished it that night. It was REALLY good!! I loved it. And as I read on, I realized how alike Becky (the main character) and I are. We both have a passion for shoes, we can navigate our way around ANY mall without problem, find all the good stores, we both have a passon for spending too much on ourselves, and we both have an...er.... unfortunate compulsive spending habit. Did I REALLY need two new CD's two days before xmas? No. But I bought them. Did I REALLY need to buy a brick of mozzerella cheese just because it was the 'good' kind? God no. But reading that book made me realize; I AM Becky. I'm a shopaholic! Dear god, no wonder I never have money. And just like she does, I justify my spending with stuff like, "I can live off KD and perogies for two months, and then I can buy that cool shirt!" or "I'll buy this now, and worry about rent later. I'm sure I'll have the rent money by then, and in the meantime, I have new boots!!" Dear LORD, never let me NEAR Milan, or Paris, or any of the other fasion capitals.
I had enough trouble passing by Bluenotes, Garage, Le Chateau, La Senza, and two other stores that I was tempted by. One was called 1980 or somthing and it looked cool, the other was called "French Connection." It looked trendy, and one thought crossed my mind. Designer labels and Parisian fashion!!!! Of course, they were probably all Parisian knock-offs, but that's another point to my shopaholicness. DESIGNER LABELS! Oh GOD! Versace, Vera Wang, Ralph Lauren, D&G, give me them all!! If I ever went to New York and walked into the shopping distrect...... I would literally orgasm. I mean, I found a Versace dress a couple years ago and tried SOOOOO hard to find the money for it. But I didn't. And I nearly cried.

Anyway, I'm off now. We have an xmas thing at my aunt's house for tonight, so I gotta go. Merry Christmas everyone! I love ya! *kiss*

1 comment:

Joe Guitar said...

Dude, it's Alberta, you can't even find a pizza without red meat on it.